skip to Main Content

Stop Wasting Time on Secondary Issues!

Warning…this is another tough love session today, so if you’re not in the mood, move along. If you’ve been working on your business cards, or trying to design the perfect logo, or word the perfect little email, or anything like that, for months…STOP IT!
There are some things that are core to your business; the primary things you should be very careful with and invest a good amount of time and/or money into. But there are a ton of secondary things that so many business owners seem to waste so much time on that don’t really pay off in the long run. It’s not that they’re not important at all, it’s just that they’re not the things to be spending weeks or months, or hundreds and thousands of dollars on.

I’ve seen therapists spend months agonizing over every single minute detail of a potential logo. You just need it to be professional, look nice, and resonate with your ideal clients. Period.
I threw this logo together in just over 5 minutes using a free online software (Canva).

 

 

 

Is it perfect? No.
Is it some super sentimental image that means the world to anybody. Also no.
Will it present a professional image and allow someone to get their name out there? Yes!
And what’s more important to the success of your business; you having some strong sentimental feeling when you see your own logo or your clients being presented with a professional image that represents your brand and builds trust?

I am by no means saying your logo isn’t an important factor, but it is far from a primary issue. Just like your business name, the exact layout of your website, your business cards, and the gazillion other things you can easily waste hours upon hours on. And if you don’t know what you’re doing so you can’t help but spend hours and hours on some secondary thing, then by all means hire it out so you don’t. Just be sure it’s a good investment of your money; that it will either save you an equal or greater amount of time OR will pay off in the positive in the future.

The primary issues for your business, like I mentioned in a video a few weeks ago are…
A Business Plan
A Marketing Strategy
The Operations
The Legalities
Brand Development (your brand is not your logo by the way!)
And Your Numbers
Invest the most time and money into those primary, fundamental elements of your business because they’re what’s going to give you the best ROI.

The secondary things are just that…secondary. Yes, they still hold importance, but if you don’t have the primary things taken care of, those secondary things won’t matter anyway, because you won’t have a business. So please, I am begging you, throw together a simple but effective logo, get the easy, predesigned but professional cards, use a nice template for your website and be done with the secondary things for now, so you can focus the majority of your attention on the primary things. Stop delaying the launch of your business, or the implementation of those really important things like your marketing strategy because some little secondary issue isn’t just perfect. 90% of your time needs to be spent on the primary things; getting them solid, systematized, and well implemented. The other 10% can focus on those little secondary things.

I just see so many therapists with a reversal on this, where 90% of their time is spent on these small things that don’t really matter in the long run, and only 10% doing market research and building systems and working their finances, and all the other things that are way more important to the success of the business.
So please, I am begging you, stop wasting time on the secondary issues!

 

Savanna Bell LMT

Hey there! I'm a massage therapist, educator, writer, and business pro helping massage therapists around the world build successful businesses. My goal is to give you everything you need to start, run, and grow a profitable massage practice that supports a life you love, all without the headaches I went through learning how to do it myself.

Back To Top